Exploration
After 3 weeks in Melbourne, I've finally had the chance to head to the City.
Summary: Zzz...
Maybe it was because I didn't know where to go or what to do, but Melbourne City was boring.
Sure there were all sorts of trams, and there were all these weird shops that Singapore doesn't have, and the layout is so different. But it was disappointing.
I expected to see lots of Victorian architecture - but there were next to none. I thought I'd see lotsa buskers and such on the streets - but there were only a few.
I'll definitely head there again someday, hopefully with a better inkling of what's fun over there.
A few funny things happened though.
First, was at KFC. Near the end of the meal, these couple of chicken-huggers started protesting outside the restaurant with their loudhailers and posters. All that crap about KFC mistreating chickens, being cruel, etc etc. Well of course we know that - but people generally don't give a fuck about other people, much less other species. He'd done better if he told them that eating KFC will turn them into hypertensive, morbidly obese individuals who suffer from lack of self esteem due to ugliness and a pre-disposition to various deadly diseases. I should've asked him where he thinks eggs come from.
Second was at Myers Department Store. This is good info for the girls out there (And you cheeky bastards who wanna buy lingerie for your lover/hooker/mistress/sex slave). Aussie bra sizes come in 10, 12, 14 and so on. These correspond to sizes 32, 34, 36 and so on. Cup size remains the same - unlike in Taiwan. So there you have it. 10B here = 32B back in Singapore. Of course, it was totally funny seeing how someone freaked out and felt embarrassed at buying his girlfriend undies. HAHAHAHAHA.
Third was Gelati! Goodness that stuff rocks. I had a double scoop, 3 flavour cup (Doesn't make sense to me either). Good thing I didn't have to pay for it. The ice cream was probably the only decent thing at the City.
Well that's about it. Nothing much to comment on. It's actually pretty convenient to head to the City though. Dinner's in an hour. Later~
Summary: Zzz...
Maybe it was because I didn't know where to go or what to do, but Melbourne City was boring.
Sure there were all sorts of trams, and there were all these weird shops that Singapore doesn't have, and the layout is so different. But it was disappointing.
I expected to see lots of Victorian architecture - but there were next to none. I thought I'd see lotsa buskers and such on the streets - but there were only a few.
I'll definitely head there again someday, hopefully with a better inkling of what's fun over there.
A few funny things happened though.
First, was at KFC. Near the end of the meal, these couple of chicken-huggers started protesting outside the restaurant with their loudhailers and posters. All that crap about KFC mistreating chickens, being cruel, etc etc. Well of course we know that - but people generally don't give a fuck about other people, much less other species. He'd done better if he told them that eating KFC will turn them into hypertensive, morbidly obese individuals who suffer from lack of self esteem due to ugliness and a pre-disposition to various deadly diseases. I should've asked him where he thinks eggs come from.
Second was at Myers Department Store. This is good info for the girls out there (And you cheeky bastards who wanna buy lingerie for your lover/hooker/mistress/sex slave). Aussie bra sizes come in 10, 12, 14 and so on. These correspond to sizes 32, 34, 36 and so on. Cup size remains the same - unlike in Taiwan. So there you have it. 10B here = 32B back in Singapore. Of course, it was totally funny seeing how someone freaked out and felt embarrassed at buying his girlfriend undies. HAHAHAHAHA.
Third was Gelati! Goodness that stuff rocks. I had a double scoop, 3 flavour cup (Doesn't make sense to me either). Good thing I didn't have to pay for it. The ice cream was probably the only decent thing at the City.
Well that's about it. Nothing much to comment on. It's actually pretty convenient to head to the City though. Dinner's in an hour. Later~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home