A Step A Time

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Zi

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pox & Bangs

Well well. A post at 8:30 am. What a surprise...

I was *ahem* rudely awakened this morning by my Residential Advisor for breakfast at that far off Pinewood Macdonald's.

They kept shouting, and banging on my door, and tried their best to stir me from my much needed sleep - and they succeeded...

Thanks to that and the fact that I met Xin Yi just outside, I dragged myself to that MacDonald's... And felt the shiokness of the morning breeze. Must have stated this many times, but the weather is incredible, if only it was like this back home...

Anyway, the breakfast trip was a fulfilling one. I met a couple of people.

David is from Malaysia, forgot what he's reading in University, but he didn't talk much to me either.

Ken is also from Malaysia and resides at Stairway 4, reading Accountancy, we seem to get along ok. He has lotsa opinions on many things, which is excellent - kinda sick of the mules I see in Singapore all the time who can't form their own perspectives.

Garota, my upstairs neighbour, hails from Botswana (That's in Africa), and is a fellow coursemate. Interesting dude. He came here ona Government Scholarship to pursue his dreams. Talked quite abit with him. Africa is an interesting place, perhaps I'll find the time and money to visit it someday.

Jasmine is from Stairway 6 and comes from Hwa Chong Institute (Haha....No more JC). She's doing Medicine too. And she bears a STRIKING resemblence to Joyce (No you Sec Sch dudes won't know who Joyce is). She has the same grades as me for the A Levels but got rejected by NUS. Thankfully, she was observant enough to notice that NUS Med Fac has weird admissions criteria (I knew it!).

Finally there's Xin Yi from RJ, she stays above my same floor neighbour, Hiroko. Met her at the corridor today and headed to Mac together. Also rejected by NUS Med Fac - sometimes you wonder why they reject locals but accept overseas students when I'm sure Singaporeans can't be that bad comparatively. Heck, foreigners don't even pay extra for school fees; a odd government we have.

Well that's all for now, I'm waiting for 11 am to head to some briefing. Not sure if it's even important... Maybe I'll just catch up on sleep.

And why is my laptop LCD flickering............. Shit.

P.S. I said "Pox" because I don't wanna say "Pots". That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home